Frequently Asked Questions
- Getting started
- What is Exporium?
- When and how was Exporium born?
- How does Exporium work?
- In which language does Exporium work?
- Where is Exporium based?
- Where is Exporium active?
- Why should I negotiate through Exporium directly?
- Joining Exporium
- Who can join Exporium?
- How can I join Exporium?
- What do I need to open an account?
- What documents do I need to provide to start trading on Exporium?
- How much will I pay to use Exporium?
- How long does it take to open an account?
- Which document will I need to open an account?
- Which products can I find on Exporium?
- Is my data safe with Exporium?
- What methods of payment does Exporium accept?
- In which currency can I pay my subscription?
- In which currency will I see the prices on Exporium?
- Your account
- How can I change or reset my password?
- How can I modify my account profile and settings?
- How can I delete my Exporium account?
- Why do I need to have an Exporium account?
- Can my business partner or employees access my account?
- Finding partners at Exporium
- How can I find partners and connect with other users?
- How to trade on Exporium?
- How is shipping handled?
- How to pay for deals?
- Finding partners and trading
- KYC at Exporium
- What is a KYC?
- How long does it take for user verification (KYC) documents to be validated?
- What are the reasons for a document rejection?
- What languages are accepted for KYC documents?
- Can I speak to someone over the phone?
- Can I change my company name?
- How do I make a complaint?
- In which language can I get helped?
- How to contact Exporium?
- How long should I expect to be waiting for support/answer to my message?
- How can I upgrade my subscriptions?
We care about your safety. Learn more in the About us page.
Negotiating through Exporium helps guarantee that you are protected under our Terms and conditions. Additionally, it makes it easy to find and reference important trade details like a contact’s address, your trade history, delivery details, and other useful information. We cannot provide these benefits if you agree a trade is not close through Exporium.
Negotiating outside of Exporium also makes it harder for us to protect your information and puts you at greater risk of fraud and other security issues, such as phishing.
Whether you are a buyer or a producer, you can easily sign up to our platform by providing a little information about you and your activity at Sign up.
Signing up and creating an Exporium account is free.
After you have signed up, make sure to complete your account before starting exploring our platform.
- Proof of identity: national ID card / passport of the company legal representative
- Proof of registration: recent (max. 3 months) company register extract / official proof of registration
- Articles of association: certified articles of association / bylaws / statute
- Furthermore, for every shareholder (ex: shareholders with more than 25% of capital, subject with voting rights, etc.):
- Full name
- Full address (route, street number, city, region, postal code and country)
- Date and place of birth (city and country)
- Diners Club
- SEPA Transfer
- International Bank transfer
If you have lost your password and want to reset it, you can go on Enter/My Exporium and select Recover password. You can then insert your email address and we will send you a link to reset your password.
If you want to change your password, log in onto your Exporium Account and then go to your profile and in the Account tab, you can update your password.
Should you wish to leave us permanently and delete your Exporium account, please contact us.
When you ask us to delete your account:
- Before we accept your deletion request, for security purposes Exporium will verify your identity.
- Any trade you might be currently working on will be automatically deleted.
- Once we receive your request, we will crack on and start working on your cancellation , however some of your data might stay in our system if we are required or permitted by law to retain it.
- Some of your messages, reviews and potentially other information may still be available on our website.
If your account is permanently deleted, you will not be able to reactivate it, recover any data or regain access. If you want to start using Exporium again, you will have to set up a new account.
Whether you are a producer or a buyer, an Exporium account is an opportunity for your potential counterparties to get to know you before they decide to contact you. When you have a strong profile, other people will feel you are reliable and the more complete your profile is, the higher the chance that you will receive requests for trades.
We require all participants to upload a photo, so you can see who you are dealing with.
- A verified profile
- At least one profile photo that shows your face
- If you are a producer, certificates that testify the quality of your products
- If you are a seller, show more photos of your products
- If you are a buyer, show what your selling areas are
If you want to see a person’s profile, you can just click on their profile photo.
- First, you need to register and complete your profile.
- After the verification process is completed, you can login and start using the platform.
- You can search for potential business partners on Marketplace.
- You can find details about them and their products by clicking on their profile and in the product details.
- You can then start negotiating by clicking on Add to Cart. The other party has 72 hours to react to your offer, and there are three rounds of negotiation.
- Once you agree on the price, you will both agree on the delivery and payment method.
- After that, every step should be confirmed on the platform by the trade parties.
At Exporium, we do not impose procedures but we give the possibility to find the best agreement between you and your counterparty.
If you need support in finding a shipping and logistics partner, we will do our best to help.
In any case, we will contact you to get more information and give you the chance to rectify what is missing.
Verification documents (KYC) must be submitted in one of the following languages: French, English, German, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese.
If a document is not available in one of the above languages, an official translation in English will be required.
So we can fully understand what has gone wrong and to get the best possible resolution for you, please write to us in the Contact us page, or via email at with a brief description of what has happened.
If you are a buyer, there is only one subscription available to you for now (and it’s free!).